COVID-19 Patient Information
As stay-at-home restrictions change, we are thrilled to welcome you back to our office. As always, the safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority. Nothing is more important than resuming business in a responsible, pro-active manner.
In accordance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we are taking the following steps to ensure the health and wellbeing of everyone who enters our office:
- Cleaning and disinfection: Our entire premises, including the lobby, patient rooms, and bathrooms, will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals throughout each day. This regimen will include all surfaces, workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, door handles, writing utensils, and other devices.
- Hand hygiene: Hand sanitizer, disposable wipes, and no-touch disposal receptacles will be easily accessible throughout our office. Our staff will continue to maintain strict personal hygiene measures throughout the day. Hand-shaking is discouraged.
- Respiratory etiquette: While supplies last, disposable masks may be available at our front desk. However, we highly encourage our guests to come prepared with their own protective items as they will be required for your appointment. We respectfully ask all staff and visitors to cover their mouths and noses when coughing or sneezing or use the insides of their elbows. Please throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands. Those without a mask may be asked to reschedule their appointment for another date.
- Social distancing: Our services require close proximity to our patients, but we will try to maintain safe personal distances whenever possible. While we always work to avoid congestion in our lobby, this is even more important now. Please arrive on time for your appointment and respect the space of others who may be waiting.
- Illness: It is absolutely crucial that staff and patients stay home if they are sick or displaying signs of illness. Please reschedule your appointment if you experience fever, cold, or flu-like symptoms, or if you have been exposed to someone with these symptoms.
- Appointments: We know you want to get in as soon as possible, and we can’t wait to see you. We will do our very best to book new appointments as quickly as possible to ensure safety standards are maintained. We appreciate your loyalty and patience during this time.
Thank you for your continued trust in our practice. Together, we can ensure you receive the important care you need in a safe, healthy, and positive environment. We look forward to seeing you!
Bone & Joint Specialists