voted best of the region in podiatry 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- PODIATRIC RESIDENCY
Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- DOCTORATE DEGREE
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine Rosalind Franklin University of Health Sciences Chicago, Illinois
- UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
Dr. James Hong, a native of Merrillville, brings extensive foot and ankle surgical expertise to Bone & Joint Specialists. During his medical training he received the Scholl College Distinguished Scholar Award as well as many other honor society awards. He is Board Certified in Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery. He actively trains and supervises residents at the Franciscan St. Margaret/Midwestern University Residency program.
Dr. Hong enjoys all aspects of treating foot and ankle conditions, with particular interest in trauma, reconstructive surgery, and minimally invasive surgical techniques. He utilizes surgery as a last resort when all other conservative measures have failed. He believes strongly in taking time to develop an individualized treatment approach tailored to each patient’s personal life circumstances and goals. His secondary languages include Spanish and Chinese.
Outside of work, Dr. Hong enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, traveling, golfing, and being with family and friends.
- Community Hospital | Munster, Indiana
- The Methodist Hospital – Southlake Campus| Merrillville, IN
- St. Mary Medical Center | Hobart, Indiana
- St. Margaret Health | Dyer, Indiana
- Community Surgery Center | Munster, Indiana
- St. Mary’s Outpatient Surgery at Lakepark | Hobart, Indiana
- Northwest Regional Surgery Center | Merrillville, IN
- Pinnacle Hospital | Crown Point, IN