Our practice has been best of region all years 2015-2022.
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship
State University of New York-buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Orthopedic Residency
Henry Ford Hospital, Bone and Joint Specialty Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Medical Degree
Md, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Undergraduate Degree
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-champaign, Illinois
Expertise and Background of Dr. Joseph Schwartz
Dr. Joseph Schwartz feels very fortunate to have been providing outstanding care in Northwest Indiana since 1994. He is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, who has achieved a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand issued by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Schwartz places a high value upon the physician-patient relationship, creating a comfortable and caring environment in which each patient feels at ease. His excellent training combined with his warm and compassionate nature allows each of his patients to receive unsurpassed care for orthopedic problems, with a special interest in the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder, and in arthroscopic surgical techniques.
"Dr. Schwartz came highly recommended from my physical therapist friend. Excellent hand surgeon for my carpal tunnel surgeries. Both wrists. I recommend him to anyone who asks for a hand Dr!!"
- Peggy T.
"Dr. Schwartz has performed 2 very successful surgeries on me: elbow about 10 yrs ago and most recently, joint replacement in my thumb. He’s quite a fabulous surgeon and a really nice man who cares about his patients."
- Melinda P.
Surgical Affiliations in Indiana
- Community Hospital | Munster, Indiana
- St. Mary Medical Center | Hobart, Indiana
- Community Surgery Center | Munster, Indiana
- St. Mary’s Outpatient Surgery at Lakepark | Hobart, Indiana
- Northwest Regional Surgery Center | Merrillville, IN
- Pinnacle Hospital | Crown Point, IN
- The Methodist Hospital – Southlake Campus| Merrillville, IN
schedule a consultation
- Shoulder Repairs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Ganglion cysts
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Thumb basilar joint arthritis
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Tennis elbow (Lateral epicondylitis)
- Mallet finger
- Olecranon bursitis
- Hand and wrist tumors
- Hand, wrist, and elbow fractures